Monday, December 28, 2009

a very good sale

Hi blog readers,
I owe you a blog post. That said, I've been in a bear-like hibernation the last few days. It might be the snow--we had an amazing 3 days of light, powdery snow-- or maybe it's the quiet that descended here. In any case, I enjoyed it and spent a lot of time staring into space and watching snow drift. When I felt really motivated, I spun, knit, and cooked. (I do have a finished project, which I hope to show you soon.) Mostly, I sat around.
However, Boxing Day sales are upon us here in Canada. The biggest shopping day of the year here is Boxing Day. Luckily, that shopping binge doesn't seem to include the grocery store, where I had full on access to all sorts of fruits and veggies without any crowds.
To my surprise, I discovered that the U.S. Amazon site has embraced the Boxing Day tradition in a big way. With my book. So, if you haven't yet bought Knit Green and you were wanting a huge discount of 56%, now appears to be the time. Seize the day. Or the sale. Or something. I'm pretty poor at this promotional stuff, but I like a sale as much as the next person!
I have no idea why it is so discounted, but if you're looking for an excuse, here it is!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Cool! And hey, by the way, could you toss a snowball for me? Thanks!

December 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Snowball coming right backatcha!

December 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I'd be tossing a snowball, too, but I'd much rather stay inside where it's warm. Who am I kidding? We love to go snow tubing, then have a cup of hot chocolate while we thaw out.

I'm impatiently waiting for my WEBS order to get here. I ordered yarn for the scarf in your book...that will be my Jan vacation knitting. I've looked at the sheet-as-yarn bowl, too. That has some possibilities.

I'll vouch that Knit Green is well worth purchasing.

December 30, 2009 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you so much, PghCathy! Your compliments mean more than I can say.
I am so excited to hear you're on your way to knitting that scarf (the gator gaiter) and the bowl/basket is really a project that just takes a day. Grab an old sheet! Enjoy!

December 30, 2009 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

PS: I think the price was just a Boxing Day sale..it seems to be inching its way back up again. Sorry about that! (I don't control any of it!)

January 1, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home