Sunday, March 28, 2010

Introducing...

Introducing....(drum roll please....) the Winnipegger. Several people voted for names that had to do with my new city, Winnipeg, and I decided that they were right...the name fit. Actually, all the other names were neat too, but I eventually had to make a decision!

There is actually already a "Winnipeg Neck Scarf" design on sale at Ravelry, and it's crocheted rather than knitted, so I'll go for a slightly different name when I manage to get my pattern written up. (soon, I hope!)

I will definitely owe several free patterns to my kind readers at that point, so if you were one of those people... Romi,(Romi comes up with amazing names for her own patterns, I might add...) PghCathy, and Sherry (who doesn't even read blogs!), I will try to get those patterns to you as soon as they are ready!

For everyone else, I must say that although I have finished the slowest socks to knit--ever--, I will have to write their story on Wednesday. Things around here are busy with preparations for Passover, as well as an unexpected leaky washing machine in the basement. The excitement never ceases in terms of house stuff here, must say...and the washing machine is pretty much brand new!

OK, off to see what the professor proposes regarding the newest house related repair...

Have a meaningful and Happy Passover if you celebrate it!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

I really thought you were going to show us a new kitty or puppy! But the Winnipeger is lovely too. Looks easy to knit but very stylish!

March 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yeah!! I knitted the orignial scarf pattern, too (can't think of the exact name) so it will be fun to follow up with this pattern. Any time will do Joanne...the knitting list gets longer & longer.
Thanks! Happy Passover.

March 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

that is a cute little scarf! thinking of you during the passover season!

March 29, 2010 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Romi in person is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. And that is a lovely scarf.

Happy Passover!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

March 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Yay! I think that's a great name! xoxo

April 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home