Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A winner!

Congratulations to StephCat, who just won the gift certificate contest! Thanks to everybody for participating. I am slowly (very slowly) going through everyone's comments, visiting your blogs or dropping you emails, and enjoying all your thoughts. Thank you so much for saying hello. Some of you are old friends--for instance, we spun together in a guild in North Carolina 8 years ago...and others are new acquaintances I am meeting via the internet. It has been delightful to hear from everyone. Please keep it up when you might have something to say via comment. I love hearing back when I post.

The professor took this photo of our house in the snow as he was out shovelling. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow, so there will be more white stuff to come!

You may wonder how I chose the winner for the blog comment contest. Well, the truth is that this time, I had the professor do it with the Random integer program online. I used to do it myself, but well, it's a funny story. When you add my looney toons, anti-histamine addled brain into the mix, well, I set it up (1-21=the total number of comments, 1=winner), and then it chose a number. Wow, I said! That was fun. Then I did it again. I chose another number. And again. Then, by the time I had 3 numbers, I realized I no longer had one winner...and if I did, the one winner wouldn't be random. I would have chosen 1 out of 3. In fact, I had forgotten the first number by the time I'd gotten to the third. This seemed funny, but then I realized, uhh, this is how come I'm not driving when I'm on this medicine... so I had my lovely husband do the hard work of being objective.

Luckily, the doctor has suggested I can reduce my dosage and stop taking this medicine in December, if all is well. That is probably good. In the meanwhile, I might go back to entertaining myself with random numbers. Apparently that's all it takes. :) (yes, I'm easily affected by medicines...)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Your snow is picture perfect! Thanks for the pic, professor.

Medicines tend to affect me strangely as well. My guess is your knitting, spinning, and weaving are still affected as well. Hang in there!

November 23, 2010 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much!

I usually use the random number generator, seems to work well.

the snow is very pretty (speaking as one who lives where snow is something you drive to go see)

November 24, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

What beautiful snow pictures!

November 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

I love your house! I reminds me of the old gracious homes of 'vintage' Portland OR where I grew up.

It's 'cold' here today, the temps being in the 40-60s range. But I'm not used to that and I'm freezing!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm constantly amazed at how wonderful the blogging knitting world is.

Happy Hanukah to you!

November 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home