Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making Green Choices...cancelled

If you're in Virginia and eagerly awaiting my talk tonight, I hope you check online first!

Making Green Choices, scheduled for this evening, has been cancelled due to the bad weather here. (Last night's freezing rain, sleet, and ice hasn't melted the way the weather reports said it would.) In fact, this evening is supposed to have more precipitation. In terms of safety--and making the most green choice--I hope everybody will stay home instead!

While the temperature was roughly 50 degrees warmer (Fahrenheit) than in Winnipeg this morning, it's still below freezing and like an ice rink outside on many of the side roads. Apparently, I do take the weather with me. My sincerest apologies to Virginians!

Labels: , , ,


Blogger Cathy said...

We were snow & iced in here in Eastern PA too. Never got above freezing until much later than predicted. Stay safe as you travel. When I pack for travel I always take layers of clothes - one just never knows with the weather!

January 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home