Sunday, June 12, 2011

twin B comes home




from a couple of somewhat manic/tired parents:

On Wednesday, June 8th, our younger twin came home from the neo-natal intensive care unit at the hospital. He weighed 4 lbs, 5 oz then. We've been working hard to keep everybody fed, clean, and happy here. This is no small feat. Three adults (two parents, and my mom) working round the clock, still sometimes do not have enough hands to feed, change, and comfort two newborns. (Due to the small size of the babies, long labor and unexpected drugs and c-section I had, the babies need to have formula supplementation along with breast milk, so that means everyone feeds babies, not just me.) Needless to say, I haven't been able to keep up with my email, blog comments, or even phone calls. Sorry!

The dogs are working full time as well. Sally alerts us right away when someone starts crying. She starts alarm barking and pacing until someone picks up whichever of her babies is unhappy. Harry is thrilled but not as involved--he seems like a very enthusiastic and laid back uncle. He wants to be right near by but does not mind or attend to the crying at all.

Tomorrow, more relatives start to arrive...we'll be busy with baby festivities through next weekend. Then, all the out of town relatives will leave and the professor and I will be left on our own to figure this twin thing out. I'm hoping by then Sally will be able to give a bottle and change diapers on her own. (just kidding? I wish it were possible!)

Hopefully next time I'll be able to update you on the amazing knitting present I received this week...a baby shower in a box, filled with beautiful handmade knitted and sewn presents! Lots of photos to come, I hope! Truly this was a labor of love and I am honored to receive these gifts. I hope to write thank you notes to everybody soon.

Thanks again for all your warm wishes. Thanks so much for being part of my cyber community. It's wonderful hearing from everyone.
Fondly,
Joanne

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Congratulations - doubled!! The boys are precious! Prayers for all the adjusting to and managing of twins.

June 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Mazel Tov! I'm so glad that you're all home together and doing well!

I'm surprised that the baby shower in a box got there so quickly - we were afraid the postal strike would slow it down.

Big hugs to all of you!

June 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Mazel Tov! Best wishes to you all. Remember to sleep whenever you get a chance.

June 12, 2011 at 9:13 PM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

You both look so happy in the photograph. I'm getting such vicarious joy from following all this in your blog. And well done Sally.

June 13, 2011 at 2:28 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

How wonderful that you are all home together! Be well and enjoy those babies :*)

June 13, 2011 at 5:03 AM  
Blogger MEL said...

Thanks for the update. I am so happy everyone is home and doing well. Much joy to you both!

June 13, 2011 at 5:44 AM  
Blogger ilana said...

so happy for you all! so sad to be missing this in person! i cannot wait to meet A and B! much love!

June 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Best of luck and many wishes for sleep, patience and plenty of joy!

June 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

hooray for the homecoming! take your time settling into your new life. thank you notes can wait! :)

June 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home