Thursday, October 25, 2007

hello, goat!

This is the goat I was talking about a couple of posts ago. No kidding, this was probably the best photo I shot at Rhinebeck. I've got some good images of the Rio Grande River in New Mexico, though, and on the next roll, the one I haven't finished yet? Pictures of the family farm. Oh well. Good thing the professor lugs around the big camera for the book photos! Enjoy the goat--I really did, until the engagement ring nibbling began.
I am off this afternoon to Asheville, NC, for the Southeastern Animal Fiber Festival. (yup, the laundry is finished, the dogsitter is lined up, and I've almost gone through all the mail from when I was gone last time. I'm packing some apples to eat on the drive. It's been nuts. The poor professor just goes from festival to lecture hall to student meetings and back again. The guy needs a break, let me tell you!!)
I lived in North Carolina for a few years, and I'm really looking forward to seeing my spinning friends! In the meanwhile, I am loving your comments. It's a little like we're all together at someone's house, spinning and knitting, and gushing over a good fleece, that darling new dog and some fabulous yarn sales. I love hearing from you, even if I haven't had the chance to email folks back to say so. Have a great weekend, and I'll be back soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

A goat with attitude! So many fibre festivals compared to our scant pickings in the UK! Hope your trip is a good one & the prof. is rewarded with good photo opportunities & bright, hardworking students at least.

October 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that pictures. and yes, goats can be pretty indescriminate on what they chew. although the goat we used to have when i was a kid (back in the dark ages) would only eat the brush if my dad cut it for him first. go figure.

October 27, 2007 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home