Tuesday, January 27, 2009

warm and dry

View from my kitchen window after a power line came down:
(4 fire trucks, 2 fire department vehicles...just wish my 3 year old nephew was here to appreciate it!)
Good thing I'm not driving anywhere today--that was my driveway: The line is fixed very quickly...and the electricity and phones all work. The internet works--sporadically.

Settling in to enjoy a beautiful (and pretty dangerous) ice storm over here.

It's supposed to last through tomorrow mid-day. Stay safe and warm! I'm set--I've got food. I've got work. And, if the modern utilities fail? I've got a fireplace. I've got loads of books. I've got...knitting!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Being marooned at home isn't so bad as long as you've got food an knitting. I'll be sending safe warm thoughts your way.

January 27, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I've been wondering about you all day! The ice is to mix in with snow overnight here and create 'the prismatic mirror of slick' on all here, too.

January 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Glad to know your ok, tucked in safe and warm.
I can deal with the snow but I hate ice storms.
It's headed our way - 18" of the beautiful white stuff :) We are as prepared as we can be.

Take good care and enjoy our knitting.

January 27, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Where fibers meet mud said...

We had snow and now we have ice. So far all the trees in our neighborhood are staying where they belong - Oh Lord I pray.

I can knit or read but heat is a problem - how many wool blankets can one body wear?

January 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Finally caught the news and went - oooh, I hope Joanne is okay! Glad you can cozy up and enjoy your time at home.

Agree about the workshop crowds. Wise of you to move on.

January 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jame said...

So glad you stayed warm and dry. It's good to have plenty of activities around that don't require power. Raleigh hasn't had a bad ice storm since 2002.

January 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

I am glad that you are staying safe and warm!

January 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home