Friday, March 18, 2011

Omar the tentmaker

The last few days have been a whirlwind. If the stars align and the weather is good, it looks like we could have our roof, insulation, and inside repairs done much sooner than we'd thought. That means it's possible they could start next week and potentially end in early April sometime. I was almost afraid to talk about this at first--for fear of jinxing it. We'll see how all the arrangments line up and how the weather looks. (It is no where near "spring" here, but it is warmer, roughly near freezing, which makes roofing possible.)

At the same time, this week, I hit a new size. That would be--very big. At last measurement, my belly was around 43" around, but I am growing by the day. All of a sudden, I have outgrown much of my maternity clothing. While I can still wear many of the professor's shirts (he is a big guy), his sweatpants are too small. Frankly, most everything is too small. Maternity clothes are really only designed for a woman with one fetus in her tummy!


When I was in Florida a few months ago, I happened to go to a boutique called Oh My Gauze. I bought one tunic, a dress, and a bathrobe thing there. It was a little out of my price range. Also, in January, buying cotton gauze clothing seemed bizarre since it was so cold in Manitoba. However, that clothing has now come in very handy! First off, I am not spending great amounts of time out doors, and with a shirt underneath and leggings (if they fit) and a sweater on top, a gauze dress is warm enough.

That is good because very little else is fitting around my middle! Today I had to order more clothes from them. Here are photos from their website as a sort of free advertisement...ideal for pregnancy with twins!


My one concern is that the clothes might not arrive quickly. Packages sent from the U.S. to Canada can be sort of uneven in terms of how long they take to arrive. Some yarn I ordered in late February has not arrived yet. The professor placed an order less than a week ago and the box arrived yesterday. There's no telling, really. Here's hoping it arrives soon--and way before the twins also arrive.

In the meanwhile, if you see some extremely rotund pregnant lady walking around looking like a hobo in an enormous flannel shirt...please be nice. That might be me!

(caption for these photos? Just add belly)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cloverleaf Art and Fibre said...

I love those designs. Hope they get here soon so you can enjoy them, even if you still need extra layers for warmth. The geese are back though, have you noticed?

March 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM  
Blogger AdrieneJ said...

Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing about ordering things that cross the border: it's hit and miss as to how quickly the arrive. I tend to try to order only from Canada for that reason (apart from the patriotic part of me), but that wasn't possible in your case. Fingers crossed your order comes in soon! And glad to hear that the roof is almost back in order!

March 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wool is subject to more rules than some other things, so hopefully the clothes will get through just fine. Those are nice ones! Enjoy, and good luck!

March 20, 2011 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

Good for you finding a way to solve your problem! The clothes look lovely. It won't be long now :*)

March 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

Big is beautiful! Be as comfortable as you can, that is all that matters. I love the plum shirt's color and beautiful lines.

March 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home