Sunday, October 07, 2018

New article and some support from a friend

A new article went live on the Vancouver Jewish Independent's webpage on Friday:
Looking for new Jewish ideas

I admit that I was distracted by the U.S. political drama around the Supreme Court, as were many others. Then a friend of ours who works for United Way sent along this very helpful resource.  If you've been struggling with the sexual assault issues brought up by the recent US Supreme Court nomination, you're not alone.  This link will give you more info, along with a way to get support if you've been sorting through difficult stuff as a result of this political situation.

Finally, a funny note about my new sweater design.  I maybe didn't publicize it enough, or maybe not that many people knit sweaters for kids?  I don't know.  Anyhow, so far, I think two people have "favorited" the design on Ravelry.  That's all...and that's despite some really kind efforts to share the pattern on my behalf by others!

Meanwhile, folks have bought these three patterns in the last couple of days:

The Knitted Curtain
(It's a) Boucle Wrap
I admit, I've been writing and designing for a long while now (15 years?) and marketing new patterns still remains a mystery to me!  However, I'm always grateful when someone shows interest and buys my work.  (Any of my work is fine, really!)  Thank you...and happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruit Farm North said...

Hi Joanne,
I have been very behind in commenting on your blog posts. I loved this Rosh Hashanah article and have to say that I never thought about streaming holiday services, but it makes a lot of sense. I am glad that your boys got to participate as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

October 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you, Nina! It is great to hear from you...I'm sending you an email, too. Looking forward to catching up. :)

October 17, 2018 at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home