Tuesday, April 11, 2006

undercover royalty

I should start out by saying I'm generally a restrained sort in terms of wardrobe. Yes, I like some big earrings but I'm not very flamboyant. (OK, in Bowling Green, Kentucky, I look artsy, but no one would notice in a city!) However, I have a soft spot for whimsical hats, so when I was asked to design a crown, I got a little excited. It is all shiny and glittery, because of the shell buttons I used, and it is oddly reminiscent of the Burger King crowns I loved to wear when I was little...but in a natural fiber sort of way. However, since
even royalty likes to go undercover sometimes, you can unbutton the crown points and there is a nice hat underneath. (Btw, I'm only showing my own image so often here because I can't find anyone else to model. Harry and Sally's ears get in the way.) So, here's the crown, available, in advance of the deadline, to those who want to knit up a little whimsy and become knitting royalty. You can purchase the knitting pattern HERE.


Now, you may remember about my little office chair incident a few posts back. In case you were worried, I've healed up just fine and Sally stopped laughing eventually. Well, I've gotten a freelance job or two and felt flush the other day, just when we happened to be walking by a few great pieces of funky re-upholstered furniture that were at a sidewalk sale. This is a hobby for the guy who does the upholstery, and he recovered an office chair with lovely brocaded flowers. Since I'm really undercover royalty, (Hah!) here is the new $36 throne. I love it. It makes me smile whenever I go into my office.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute hat! I need some little kids in my life so I have someone to make it for.

Congrats to your butt on your new throne!

April 12, 2006 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ohhhh, the out in the open undercover theory ;) Great throne, great crown.

April 12, 2006 at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home