Sunday, January 28, 2007

*declutter, work, sleep, eat, socialize.*

Note for non-knitters: * * means rep between asterisks.

Remember this photo? Well, right after I wrote that last blog entry, I got a few design leads to knit and got busy with some writing and editing work. I mentioned to the professor that I thought some yarn that I'd left out was getting sunbleached, and he suggested a pattern that starts with: leave 2 skeins of yarn out in a sunny spot for 6 months to a year...then the project would use those "lighter" skeins as an accent edging or design feature. That's when I decided to tidy away some yarn. Plus, if you put it away, there's room for the new yarn, right?

I sorted out this yarn to be put away. Yes, it was all on the coffee table.
The end result was certainly not an empty expanse of coffee table, but what can you expect from a person who likes clutter? I'm just saying, for me? This is impressive.









Meanwhile, Sally was dodging foot traffic on a dogbed, obviously thinking, "Geez, Joanne, could you stop monopolizing the couch? We've got to get some sleep around here!"

Harry takes a snooze.

In other news, we had more dinner guests over on Friday night. It was a good time! My menu: Vichyssoise, (also called Potage Parmentier or Pureed Potato Leek soup) roast chicken, roasted carrots, Jerusalem artichokes and Bolivian sunroot(last two from our garden), homemade challah, a big green salad, and Zinfandel or sparkling grape juice. For dessert, chocolate banana mousse, pears, and passionfruit. Lest you think that Kentucky grocery stores have gone big city in the produce section, the professor bought me two pounds of passionfruit on his collecting trip to Florida. I've been savoring them ever since.

As we speak, I'm attempting to make my own Ceviche, but we might not get to try it until tomorrow night's dinner. Tonight? We're driving the 70 miles each way to Nashville to go bowling with a new young Jewish couples group. We're not even all that fond of bowling. This makes us sound like a nature documentary: rare species needs to travel a long way to socialize with its own kind.

3 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

i love your puppies :-)

January 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the puppies are very cute as usual. those darn pesky **'s! really clobbered me on a linen stitch pattern. i am just a bit directionally challenged.

January 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

:)

*Move out to the West Coast.*

January 30, 2007 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home