Tuesday, October 07, 2008

She's Back...

And gosh there's a lot of laundry to do! I'll catch you up on everything when things calm down here a little.

Highlights?
We managed to pick about 400 lbs of apples (and a few pears) from the mostly abandoned orchard on my father-in-law's land. Aside from enough apples for 3 pies, applesauce, and for everyone to take home a bag or two....it all went to foodbanks in NY State. More on that later.

Neighboring Vermont really is beautiful in leaf peeper season and aged VT cheddar is that good. Cider doughnuts aren't bad either.:)

Uhh, I stimulated the economy in the yarn department. $250 later, I have a serious amount of stash enhancement going on here. Don't even know where I'll put it all.

Used bookstores abound in upstate NY. Junk and antique shops, too, but luckily, none of that would fit in airplane sized luggage, so I stuck with the books, apples and yarn. Good thing we weren't charged for our baggage. (I packed light to begin with.) What's wearing the same hoodie sweater continuously for 4 days and nights when you can bring home such goodies?

More soon. I've just got to dig out from under this pile of yarn and laundry and find the "post" button here somewhere...

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Welcome home :) Your trip sounds delightful. I lived in VT for many years and absolutely LOVE cider donuts with a big hunk of cheddar cheese!mmmmmmmmmmmm
Looking forward to descriptions of your yarn goodies :)

October 7, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Sounds fantastic. Look forward to hearing more.

October 7, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home