Monday, October 26, 2009

Newsflash

We have heat again as of about 8pm tonight.

I feel as if my brain has just been turned back on. 45F (around 8C) is not cold outside. It is pretty darn cold inside, though. I became a not-nice person who alternately baked a lot (corn bread, whole wheat bread, apple pie, fudge brownie pie and stew, all since Thursday) and became dumb with cold and fatigue. Outside felt warm. Inside felt too cold to do anything of much use. Hopefully I'll be twice as productive now that the heat is working. I'll need to be, since it cost us several thousand dollars to fix!

Regular blog posting may commence again soon. In the meanwhile, check out this great review of Knit Green (scroll down, it's the second book reviewed.) I also got to speak with Guido Stein of the It's a Purl, Man podcast. I think he'll be posting that interview later this week.

I am off to enjoy sleeping in a warm house. It's amazing how this is such a novelty, but after over a week without heat? Well, it's a novelty!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

That was a great 'shout out' for your book. Hurray!

So glad you have heat!

October 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cold garrets are seriously overrated as habitats for writers. Cold houses, too. Welcome back to warm.

October 27, 2009 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

How very excellent for you to have heat. [The only thing that warms me up inside is a (long) hot shower.] The world has suddenly become a much nicer place!

October 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home