Thursday, April 07, 2011

update on random stuff

1) I heard tell that a lot of folks ate some sundaes last week. I even heard they were good! Thanks for all the email reports! (We had sweet cream/cookie dough ice cream and hot fudge here. It was delicious.)

2) We now have a new roof and new insulation. It's hard to believe how incredibly quiet it is now that this banging is over. Even the dogs are exhausted.

3) It ain't over 'til it's over. Next week, I get to see a drywaller and a painter again--some of the roofing did a wee bit of damage on the inside of the house. Some day, all this renovation will be over and I will have a whole day without banging, noise, or disorder...(at least, while I'm still pregnant...I know toddlers offer all of the above.)

4) I'm still healthy, in week 31 of the pregnancy, and big as a house. More news on that another time, I guess.

5) I am slowly, slowly, finishing up a handknit black sweater. My swollen and sore hands don't enjoy sewing anymore either, so it is slow.

Hope you're all well out there. I see people are reading the blog, but don't hear from many of you. Wanted you to know all is fine here. Next time, I'll even try to post a photo...

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Jones said...

I'm glad to hear all is well with you. I am generally a lurker, not a poster, but I wanted to let you know that I am still following along and sending prayers in your direction every day!

We have gone through several renovation projects in our years, and I don't envy you at all! None of ours were during my 4 pregnancies, but all of them pushed me to my limit. Take a deep breath, and meditate on the beautiful environment you are creating for your progeny.

April 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Enjoy the quiet, even for a few days. I am in the midst of a very busy time at work, which will only end on the 15th because we need to travel to Nashville for our son's wedding. If I disappear and do not comment for awhile, that is why. I was able to knit myself a purse for the wedding - hopefully I can make the lining and stitch it in on Saturday.

Hang in there my blogger/knitter friend (may I call you friend?)!

April 7, 2011 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

31 weeks! You're getting there!

April 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

31 weeks is very exciting! We are just recuperating from 2 and a half weeks of lambing and kidding... so I am just catching up on sleep and blogposts, thinking about Passover and not getting anything done to get ready... It's all good as my sons say!

April 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home