Friday, August 15, 2008

plumb tuckered out

You may have noticed a recurring theme here. I keep wishing I could just sit quietly and catch up. Just Rest. This week was no exception. Since part of my writing work is doing a lot of knitting/designing, this lack of time to sit, think and knit has been a real problem. Yesterday I tried to set up shop outside. It seemed ideal weather. I had a big cup of coffee. (a special treat.) I had my computer plugged in and ready. I had the knitting--whoa, actual knitting on a knitting blog--which is a design that has been going way too slowly. It needed a jumpstart.

I even had the all important ceiling fan to keep the mosquitoes from getting too bad. I was ready. Yup. Ready. So, there were some mosquitoes, so I coated myself with bug repellant goop and got right back to things. knitting things. Taking notes. Email. Then the dogs wanted to go in. *Go out. Go in.* Repeat between **. Chase things in the garden (not allowed.) Bark excessively until a neighbor yelled at them. Whoops...but it was 2:30 in the afternoon...a perfectly acceptable time to have a bark session, in our opinion, but...well, after I went to get the shovel to get rid of the dead mouse one of the dogs found? Yeah, it wasn't an ideal set up. Maybe two hours after this experiment started, we were all back inside. I was tired. Oh well.

I've been tagged lately for two lovely honors. One is from June. Here it is:

6 quirky things about myself.

The tag rules are as follows:1. Link to the person who “tagged” you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

Here are 6 quirky things:

1) I'm extremely sensitive to medicine. Way too sensitive sometimes.
2) Sometimes I have to be practically crawling with boredom to be very creative at my work.
3) I sometimes enjoy anticipating things more than the actual event itself.
4) I get very tired from social events lately. It's like being social is a muscle, and mine's gone flabby.
5) My favorite holiday is Shabbat. (Jewish Sabbath.) It's my official day off. Happens every Friday night to Saturday night, and is truly my favorite time of week. Just wish I lived in a place where I could have a community to enjoy it with me.
6) I am ok with breaking chain letters and tags...it's a rule I can break without fear of imprisonment. Therefore, I am not following rules #4-6 right now. Too tired.

OK, second honor--really, it's been a busy week here in cyberspace, and obviously, I am clueless and missed it!
Here is what I am supposed to do:1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
Thank you so much, Where Fiber Meets Mud, for tagging me for this one! If I knew how to stick it in my sidebar, I would. (hints in the comments are welcome...I am feeling sluggish on the technology front too)
OK, here's for the other thing. My best friend has been urging me to "let some things go" so I can feel more caught up in my life. She's right. So, I'm skipping #3. I recommend instead that if you have a blog and either of these meme/tag things interest you? Go right ahead and steal them from me. Go on, I dare ya.
Then, leave me a wee note in the comments so I can read what you have to say. I like reading what you have to say, believe me. It's one of my favorite procrastination techniques when I'm trying to get actual writing done. Oh right, writing...got to get on that. It does seem time to break for lunch first, though, right? Looking forward to hearing from you!

3 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

Sometimes relaxing can be hard work but keep making the effort! Moss is pretty good at choosing his 'moments'! I pick up knitting, he picks up tuggy toy.....!
I got tagged too but last time I followed the rules I think I offended someone who hasn't blogged since! To insert your 'award'I think you save the picture & insert it as a picture (like your photo) in a sidebar addition.

August 15, 2008 at 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think working on an empty stomach is a bad idea. Glad you opted for lunch.

August 15, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

#2 is very interesting.

August 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home