Monday, April 27, 2009

polka dot socks

Need a little whimsy?


POLKA DOT SOCKS!

You may have seen these before. These socks came out recently as part of a big, book length collection of socks and hats. However, it occurred to me to offer an individual pattern download (and it was possible, according to the contract I signed). I figure many people might just be Polka Dot Sock fans. That maybe, you wanted to download the pattern and have an instant gratification experience...in terms of socks! These are now available on my website for the first time for as a $5 download. I'm including the description, too, if you're curious.

We aren’t all brave enough to wear yellow polka dot bikinis, but there’s nothing to lose by knitting some fun polka dot socks! These socks for women and children are done on US size #1(2.5mm) double pointed needles in a riot of two color stranded knitting at 8 stitches to the inch. There’s an inch of K2,P2 ribbing, a simple to follow chart for the intermediate knitter with a short retro cuff (bobby sock length to go with one’s saddle shoes) and a short row heel and toe, inspired by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. An extra polka dot repeat is easily added or subtracted to adjust the size, or substitute other colors for boys and men who deserve more polka dot fun in their lives!
Kid’s Small(Kid’s Large, Woman’s Small, Woman’s Large)
Kid’s Small fits shoe sizes 9-12
Kid’s Large fits shoe sizes 13-3
Woman’s Small fits shoe sizes 5-7
Woman’s Large fits shoe sizes 8-10
Sock Circumference:
6(7,8,9)"/15.3(17.8,20.3,22.9)cm

Foot length from Toe to Heel:
7(8,9,10)"/ 17.8(20.3,22.9,25.4)cm or length to fit recipient

PS: I am likely to be knitting socks on my trip. Simple socks, good after a long drive or on a crowded plane. Do you choose simple or complicated knitting for your travels?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Geek Knitter said...

I'll usually go for one (or more) of each. That way I won't get bored with a simple project, but don't pull my hair out over a tricky one.

April 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I go for simple. I don't want to have to think much about my knitting when I travel. I'm busy thinking about all that goes with that...departure times, car rentals, hotel reservations. My knitting time is for relaxing. More complicated knitting gets done at home.

April 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

If I'm traveling a long way by car, I choose a more complicated pattern. But if I am traveling by plane or train, I go for simple and small. On a bike trip or hiking trip? Small and simple, like a sock!

April 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

Those are cute!

I had it brought home to me on my trip last week that it's fairly hard to knit on a plane next to a really big, tall person whose jacket takes up what space he isn't; I read instead. Good thing we love each other.

April 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger weebug said...

those socks made me giggle!

May 6, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home