Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What I did on my long weekend...

by Joanne --who isn't starting school right now, but can't help but write the 'back to school' composition...
#1. We went apple picking at a neighbor's tree on the next block. (we asked permission first!) I put up a lot of food. Roasted tomatoes, pureed, tomato sauce in freezer, dehydrated tomatoes (sundried tomatoes...), 5 quarts of apple pie filling, 2 quarts of "everlasting slaw" and we still had this left over...3+ large bags of apples. I also gave a lot of apples away and I can now close my refrigerator again. Whew!

#2. The Professor bought me these cool bags from Shipley Cargo made out of upholstery fabric remnants. As some of my friends know, I love me some bags and have way too many. Of course, you can never have too many knitting bags, although I am eyeing one or both of these as purses. I only ever manage to carry around one purse and never change it out until it's worn out, so we'll see how this goes...

#3. By Monday, I was completely worn out and insisted on some quality knitting time on the couch. I listened to The Lemon Tree: An Arab, a Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East while I knit on the endless purple sweater. The Professor caught this photo of me in my very favorite knitting location...the couch, with Sally on the left and Harry on the right. Sally was asleep too until the camera started to click.

#4. The sweater has now been blocked and I hope to start sewing it up this evening. In the best of all possible worlds, I would have it ready to wear for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, which starts later this week. I may be dreaming, but then, I thought this endless project would be done in January 2010, so well, a person can dream...

#5. The end of this week also is the end of Ramadan, so it's an auspicious time for holidays! 'Eid Mubarak! L'shanah tova v'metukah!
(Happy 'Eid! Happy and sweet new year!)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

Sounds good! In our house it's plums at the moment! Mainly jam, some plum muffins & plum crumbles to pop in the freezer!

September 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

Knitting and listening to a good audiobook has become a favorite activity for me! My Audible subscription has been worth every penny!

September 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home