Saturday, December 03, 2005

What Harry thinks about spinning wheels


Suzanne says that this is a dogblog, not a yarnblog--but it's where I spin yarns...and sometimes they are about fiber!

I found out that Harry does know how I feel about my Canadian Production Wheel. We had a guest over for Friday night dinner. Brian usually makes a huge fuss over Harry, but last night, he wanted to make friends with Sally. She was being coy. All went well until right before the guest got ready to leave. Brian went to say goodbye to Sally. Harry lifted his leg and... peed on my Antique Canadian Production Spinning Wheel. Yup. We can only assume he got insanely jealous and went for the negative attention route. He was whisked out of the house without comment while I said goodbye to the guest and then cleaned up a large puddle.

I still hold a grudge, but since negative attention isn't helpful, I'm restraining myself. Good thing I always thought spinning wheels were beautiful tools for spinning and not major works of art. Oddly, the cast-iron treadle looks all shined up--who knew? Boy Dog pee. The newest cleaner? Too Gross.

PS: Yesterday I replaced my own CD drive with a new one, and it works. Who knew a computer could get that dirty inside? Yuck. I'm pretty proud of myself, never thought that CD whirr would be so exciting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Well, actually, it kind of looks cleaner, but since that is totally yucky, I'm just going to wait until it's a little dusty again and I can forget what happened. It's all a little too fresh in my mind...

December 3, 2005 at 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder if little boy dog pee works for dyeing? I guess that he told YOU! I am counting my blessings but then Tank is thankfully not a leg lifter...heck, he just eats the wall. SIGH. He was first in the family and must always be approached or fed first, otherwise he will find another way (peeing on your prized possession) to reestablish his position in the family. Thank goodness Sasha is so much bigger than Tank, so that I can't forget. :o)

December 5, 2005 at 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Joanne,
That's a beautiful wheel! 30" wheel? And what drive ratios can you get? My last wheel was a Country Craftsman and I sure could have used a faster ratio and bigger bobbins!

December 6, 2005 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home