Sunday, March 23, 2008

filatrice

How could I have forgotten this one? This is called "filatrice." That's French for, uhh, well.... Click on the photo for a larger image if you can't see what she's doing in detail. Hint: look at title of my blog. Oh yeah, I bet you're thinking. That's what it's called in French.

Lately I haven't been getting many hits on my blog, and fewer comments. Folks are busy, and maybe my Chicago adventure wasn't so interesting? Feel free to offer feedback. It's hard to know what will be exciting reading in advance...and alas, lately I can't do enough knitting to both post on the blog and get paid for the occasional design!

I've got some exciting possibilities for the future on the work front. I may even be considering book #2! Hard to imagine, huh, especially when Fiber Gathering hasn't been published yet. Soon I'll be doing things like coming up with an email subscription list of folks who want to be contacted when the book comes out. For now, though, it's all still in the works. Editing, review, that sort of thing...sounds dull, but the photos alone for this festival book could be called fiber art p*rn. I promise it will be hot hot hot! Or, at least as hot as any photo of a cashmere goat, sheep or skein of yarn has a right to be, OK? (I don't know what you were thinking there, but I was thinking about spinning and knitting. If you had other "hot" ideas, don't you corrupt me over here, y'hear?!)

Next week I'm going to be travelling to the south Jersey area, near Philadelphia. If you live near Camden and read the blog, give a shout. I have zee questions for you!

On Friday, I braved traffic to Nashville for another appointment. I saw at least 3 car accidents, and I was in the car for over three and a half hours. Yuck. While there, I fended off the crowds at the fancy grocery store and today, I was glad. The professor's off on another trip and I was alone with dogs. For lunch? Little bits of wheat bread, English Cheddar, Arina Goat Gouda,and Laguiole, stuffed grape leaves, a few pieces of pineapple, a tiny bit of port, and caramel chocolate truffles.

Life is short. It's best to eat good cheese...and chocolate. Mmmh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Marmee said...

Man, I am bummed I missed that lunch!
Think I will go have some plain ol' cheddar...have to make a trip to Nashville soon!

March 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

The picture makes me think of the Little House on the Prarie books..the ones written about her Scottish ancestor, Martha. She learns to use a drop spindle because her feet are too short for the spinning wheel.

March 23, 2008 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mini-Chicago tour! It's been quite a few years since I've been there, and I still miss the Art Institute!

March 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that sculpture photo. I love it.

I have been regularly reading, but haven't been commenting 'cause I'm usually too tired to think what to say.

March 23, 2008 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Are you, by chance, going to the Yarn harlot's talk in Lexington in 2 weeks?

March 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Joy of Living said...

I started reading your blog a little while ago - I can't remember who linked to it. I liked your zafus so much that I tried one myself. My partner grew up in Camden, so any questions, just ask away.

March 23, 2008 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to change browsers to comment on Blogger blogs and lots of times I just pass on by... but I had to ask, did you see the Chagall windows when you were in Chicago? I saw them ... eek, 30 years ago - we were waiting for our bus outside the Art Institute and had just enough time to run madly through to see the windows and come back out. We passed 'American Gothic' on the way.

My word verification this morning is xayooyw. Sounds like some sort of alien cheer.

March 24, 2008 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wow, what a lot of comments so far! Knitted.distraction...I will likely not be travelling to Lexington to hear the Yarn Harlot. I've done it once and it is a long day! The Yarn Harlot is also speaking in Nashville (much closer geographically) but it is on April 9th, which is a Wednesday night. Sort of inconvenient timing..but are you interested in going?

Joy of Living: A) how can i reach you? Can you email me at joanne AT joanneseiff Dot com?
b) I want to see your cushions!

March 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

and 'filatrice' seems to be having a much more successful time of it than *I've* been having...;)

March 26, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home