Sunday, May 08, 2011

Next year?

I don't want to leave any readers hanging--so a short update is in order. I am fine, I'm still pregnant at 35 weeks, and I'm trying to wait patiently with my feet up. I don't go out much these days and I'm doing a lot of reading and resting. Harry and Sally are the best dogs ever. One or both of them are almost always by my side.. possibly the best companions ever in the circumstances!

I'm a bit sad to be missing festivals this year but my mom went to Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival and gave me a brief report. Wonderful weather, a good time, my friends say hello...but it's not quite the same as going myself! (Honestly though, I couldn't stand up for more than about 10 minutes at a time, so there's no way I'd manage it, never mind all the traveling!) That said, it is hard to smell the sheep barns over the phone. :)

Locally, the professor went to a plant sale and got herbs, flowers and other delights for the summer. He planted them, and the rain is now hopefully going to make them grow big. When I'm up for walking around the yard later on, I'll get to enjoy his efforts. Our forsythia is blooming and everything is beginning to look green around here. I am finding the prospect of spring exciting!

That's the news from here. I kept hoping I'd feel up to snapping photos for the blog, but in any case, haven't seen any sheep at all in downtown Winnipeg! Perhaps you'll just have to refer to past years...look for the beginning of May and you're likely to see sheep in those posts. In any case, I am now much more empathetic when it comes to those ewes who always bear twins, triplets, or quads.

(Oy. I think I know how you feel!)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

My niece is pregnant with twins too! She's about a month behind you and I know she also empathizes with you. I'm busy knitting TWO sweaters :)

May 8, 2011 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger ilana said...

i'm looking forward to spring and seeing you.

May 9, 2011 at 7:24 AM  
Blogger Zeila said...

Happy first Mother's Day, Joanne.

May 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I wondered what was up (besides your legs!) when there was no post for a week. Hang in there!

May 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

You will have blooming flowers and babies to celebrate all at once. And maybe even on my dad's birthday!

May 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

I also missed MD festival this year. Couldn't afford the trip. Sigh! But I am glad that you are hanging in there. And the doggies are such wonderful friends. Glad Harry and Sally are so empathetic!

May 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

My sister in law had twins in a hot hot summer -got to the point she couldn't use the blow up children's pool her husband bought to help her keep cool in case she got stuck!!!! So hopefully the snow cooled things down for you! Very best wishes for the arrival of the babies. I have been following the blog but have been lazy in commenting as I hadn't got the hang of the rss feed on my phone!!!

May 15, 2011 at 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home