Thursday, April 25, 2013

Felted mittens

Here it is, April 25th, and I still need mittens on my morning walk!  It was 23F this AM, well below freezing.  It is the coldest April on record for Winnipeg.  My many pairs of knitted mittens are all sporting holes or a lot of wear at this point...and I don't really have time to make a new pair or three just now.  Plus, it is supposed to warm up this weekend to 18C (mid 60s).  I will believe it when I see it!  In the meanwhile, I had some felted sweaters around that I use to make wool soakers for the twins.  I cut up the sleeves of one of those sweaters, spent an hour at the sewing machine and voila, new mitts:

PS: this is my first "drive by" post using an iPad.  Does it look different?  Feedback is welcome as I am still trying to figure this out...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Post looks good! I have been thinking about those of you who live in Canada and those who live in the upper Plains of the US - winter just won't quit!! I'm in PA and we have had mostly cooler weather too, but not the snow and ice.

The mittens are pure genius!

April 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Those mittens are pure genius! Post looks fine, and you are so wise to get the kids outdoors as much as you can. Steph in NH

April 27, 2013 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Ruit Farm North said...

The post looks good to me as well. Lovely mittens!

April 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home