Friday, October 11, 2013

Transformation

We're in the midst of a  very slow slide into colder weather.  The boys are wearing shoes instead of crocs most days, and we're getting ready for Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend.

We're also getting used to having a really good preschool experience.  The boys started going to school in the mornings a few weeks ago, and it seems to be working out.  This is huge.  It means I consistently have 4 hours off.  This is mostly spent on making dinner ahead of time, cleaning up, and trying to regain order in our lives.

I am also finding small bits of time for special household projects...like this one, where I reorganized a corner of the living room, moved bookshelves, and filled up these fabric blocks with toys for play time.  It is sometimes nice to make order in our chaos. :)

Finally, I have small amounts of quiet time to think about writing again.  So far, I find that nobody really wants to publish essays about twin induced sleep deprivation or dealing with illness or how to rebuild supportive real face to face communities in our busy, screen-focused world.  These are some of the topics on my mind lately.  It is hard to banish these "less than perfect worlds" and create chirpy or cheerful things.

This is not to say I am unhappy--I am thrilled by this quiet time for reflection and seeing the boys are happy and stimulated at school.  However, I am still facing some health issues. (we all had a bad stomach virus in May and I am still not better! Everyone else recovered...)  I am still "fixing" this and it is hard to know what to share online.  In the meanwhile though, I am knitting when I get a chance, cooking warming fall meals, chasing two year olds, and looking forward to writing more someday soon.

Happy leaves, happy fall, and to all the Canadians out there, Happy Thanksgiving.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

The fabrics boxes are so cute! Prayers for continued healing!!!

October 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger ayarnlover said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well! May you feel better soon!

October 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Jame said...

Yay preschool and a few hours to yourself. As for the thoughts about relationships face-to-face vs online, I find it difficult to maintain a connection with others without consistent physical, daily interaction with friends or family. What do you share of one's day or thoughts with those that are not physically close? The mundane? the exceptions? There is too much to ponder, and that is my roadblock. By the time I've thought things through, the moment to share has passed.

October 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home