Saturday, November 19, 2016

Post-Election Anxiety

My article on the post- US election anxiety ran on the CBC webpage today.  It's a long headline, which probably doesn't bear reposting...but the anxiety caused by all the recent harrassment and hate crimes?  That is real.  The hate crosses borders.  I was heartened to hear that a synagogue in Ottawa today had a multi-faith open house as a way of addressing the crimes...and over 600 people came, from all different faith traditions.  That's a great start.

One of the ways we can combat this stuff is by speaking up against it (hence my essay and this post) and standing together to support rule of law and kindness and respect for others.  So, forgive me if there is no photo today; I have no interest in reposting a swastika.

Have a good week!  My next post will be a positive one, I promise. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home