Sunday, October 11, 2020

Low Vision Accessible...and more

 Big news!  There are now 24 of my patterns uploaded to payhip right over here:

https://payhip.com/joanneseiff

I did this so that all my Low Vision Accessible patterns would be available for sale on another platform...for those who cannot manage Ravelry's new look.  All of these have this note:

Accessibility Note: This pattern offers an additional Low Vision pdf option, with Arial 24 point font and photo captions, for those who need large print.

 I'm still learning this new platform, and I hope to get my other designs up there in the future, as time allows. 


Deir Hart
(yes, I'm the model) is one of the patterns that's already live. 

In other news, The Jewish Independent ran this piece-about the value of fences, neighbours, and community- on Friday:

Fences, and walls, can be good

Disclaimer: I'm not for border walls between countries, or anything big-scale. No!  This is strictly about why a fence around my yard keeps my kids and dog from falling into a construction site...or by extension, how a carefully constructed boundary, like an eruv or, say, a mask or social distancing, can offer us, as individuals, both protection and community as we navigate challenging times.

Last but not least:  Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!  I hope all is well, wherever you live, and even if you don't celebrate this- and that we all continue to find things for which to be thankful and grateful, given our current difficult (pandemic) circumstances.  Take care and eat a lot!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home