Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Guess what!?

Here I am, celebrating Canada Day in Winnipeg.  We're off to enjoy a fish fry with the University of Manitoba Biology Department field station folks.  So, I just check my email, just briefly, and I see this neato listing on Amazon.  I popped it in below for you to see, too.  I'll put the link at the end of the post...maybe it will work, too! 
Pretty neat, huh!?  I will send out a newsletter update and all that kind of thing when I am back home, in front of my own computer.  (I am borrowing the professor's computer for this, so I'm not sure about whether the fancy photos or links will work...)  Heck, it's a holiday and I wanted to celebrate this extra fun with you!  Happy Canada Day, everyone!
Click here! 

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And enjoy your trip!

July 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

woo hoo! what a neat thing to see your book on amazon! have a great time in winnipeg - just remember it's summer there now... ;)

July 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations Joanne! Can't wait to get my copy.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

July 2, 2008 at 5:40 AM  
Blogger Coral said...

Hi Joanne, I've just happened on your blog - a day late! I'm a Canadian/Brit, newly back in the UK, with no-one to celebrate Canada Day with. I'm also a spinner and knitter and a writer (fiction at the moment, but I've published non-fiction in Canada. I'm currently spinning a huge bagful of fleece from a farm that's located in the middle of North London. Lovely to have the smell of sheep in my urban living room!

July 2, 2008 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger weebug said...

way cool! hope you are having a great trip!

July 2, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

That's huge news! Congratulations! Have a great time in Canada.

July 2, 2008 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger jenny lester said...

The book looks great, I want to get a copy as well. Have fun!

July 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger CP Warner said...

Joanne, do you know the release date yet? I'd love to get a copy, and congratulations. So this is what you meant when you said that maybe we met at the NH festival in 2006! I doubt that we did meet there, as I was out in the last possible building they could stow vendors in and didn't have a lot of traffic. And I would have remembered if someone came along talking about the book they were writing, being a writer myself as well as a "crazy yarn lady," as my older daughter calls me.

I will definitely e-mail you in future if I ever get to go to Ireland on a yarn adventure!

Regards,
Paula Warner

July 3, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home