Tuesday, December 26, 2006

and the winners are...

Ladies and Gentlemen, the raffle took place this morning, at 10:35 AM Central Time... we sang out the drum roll, rattled around the entries in a cardboard box, and...

Here are the winners!
Dandy!
Barbara Collins!
Chris!

I'm going to try to email you or contact you via blog to let you know you won.
EDIT: If you haven't heard from me, it's because I can't find your email address on your blogs, etc. Please contact me, Chris and Dandy, (email contact is in the "about me" part of the blog.) and give me your snail mail addresses so I can mail you the prize yarn!

Now, in the interest of fairness, let me offer you the small print.
There were 12 entries in the raffle by the time I randomly decided to end it. Why today? I'm going to the post office today, and might go again tomorrow, but I'd like to send these things to you soon so there is a chance you'll get them before New Year's. I tried to get Harry to choose the raffle winners, but he was chewing on a nylabone and wouldn't be disturbed. Sally wouldn't even join us in the raffle headquarters (also known as my office) as she was sleeping downstairs. Instead, I asked the other human here, the professor husband, to do the honors. He is coughing, hacking, snorting, and generally suffering from a cold, so after he chose the winners, I threw out all the entries to avoid catching this plague.

If you were out of town, enjoying family time, or otherwise engaged in religious festivities over the last few days and didn't remember to enter the contest, I can guarantee you were probably more happy/busy/occupied than I was! I read every blog comment twice and listened to a whole audiobook. I spun about 6 oz of yarn and knit a lot. We watched tons of DVD's from the library, and we ate Chinese take out on Dec. 25th. I even worked, but I tried to hide it so no one was think I was being rude and bothering them on their holiday. Anyway, I am looking forward to going out into the world to send y'all yarn presents. Thanks very much for entering my little raffle, thank you for leaving me blog comments, and giving me something fun to do! I'll post photos and other fibery things soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dandy said...

I e-mailed you with my info.

December 26, 2006 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Arlene said...

I'm jealous - with hubby home, we don't seem to have left the house for days now. He has no need to go anywhere or do anything. I shouldn't have done such a good job stocking up at the supermarket......

I wish I had an excuse to go to the post office....

December 27, 2006 at 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thanked Joanne privately but want to thank her here also for the lovely yarn for this bag which is now on the way to my house. I am too excited!!

December 27, 2006 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home