Thursday, July 05, 2007

reading treat!

First, I'd like to announce the July/August issue of the Chick Lit Review...it's available here. Not only does it have a few good reads for summer, but one of them happens to be my story! Reflection in a Glass was first printed in 2005 online in Dragonfire, a magazine produced by Drexel U, which has since gone under. I'm pleased to announce that my story is still available, now in another venue!

The photo here shows me trying out a Baynes Spinning Wheel at Black Sheep Gathering. I'd never gotten to try one of these little New Zealand wheels before in person, and I loved it. Smooth silent action without any wiggles or noises and a small footprint without the possibility of tipping it over--these all seemed very appealing, especially as my Little Gem, my "office" and travel wheel, is really showing signs of hard wear after five years of use. Also the Baynes' price is reasonable. Check them out in the USA at Rowan Tree Woolery. These kind folks let me try out both a double and single treadle wheel just for fun. In the end, I preferred the single treadle, by the way, but that's just because of how my particular knees creak....

Anybody out there own a Baynes? How do you feel about it? Curious minds want to know.

Coming up soon---the professor took some very funny photos in preparation for the big new Harry Potter release...the photos are both fiber and fiction related. Perfect for a yarn spinner like me!

8 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Being a complete Harry Potter geek, I cannot wait for the upcoming photos!!!

July 5, 2007 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Cool! I'll check out your story! :)

July 5, 2007 at 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never tried a Baynes but every time I run across them they always seem very reasonably priced. I didn't even know they were made in New Zealand.

July 6, 2007 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

Author! Author! And she spins, too! :)

July 6, 2007 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

I have the exact Baines wheel in the picture... single treadle etc... Mine is stained in cherry too. I love it and since it is my first It has proven to be easy to learn with. Lesley in FL

July 6, 2007 at 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, i am off to check out your story! i haven't heard of a baynes before, but i enjoyed your review!

July 7, 2007 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

I havent ever named an inanimate object either lol good luck!

July 7, 2007 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

congrats of the story!

July 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home