Sunday, July 01, 2007

Rockin' Girls

I've been nominated as a:



by Terri and I was so moved that I got a tear or two going. Yup. Wow. Thank you. I am not exactly sure what the creed is for this group, but I'm going to claim it as being a feminist, rockin' cool gyrrl who works to create community and promote positive change with others. That's what I'd like to be, when I'm not losing my mind in work frustration and chopping down weeds like this. That's what I spent part of the morning doing today. It helps!


I've got an enormous pile of brush at the edge of my curb and a feeling of calm. I've also got a big back yard, so tomorrow, I may be at it again! Yes, this is why I turned down a trip to Italy with the professor--so I can stay home for a bit and work on the book...and chop. (professor is giving a talk at a conference and left yesterday. Let's hope there aren't anymore terrorists near airports, shall we?)


I am nominating these folks for their very own Rockin' Girl Blogger awards:


Who are they? Well, the cool kids at Estes Park: Deb, Tara, Jamie (cool but don't know her blog!) and then on the other side of me, Donna, and Catherine Hollingsworth, the famous Alaskan Yarn Council President.


Now, the cool folks at Black Sheep Gathering: (Or should I say cool ewes? In the best possible way, of course?!) Skip me there, and you have Angela,Denise and Holly. I nominate you too. Since I don't know the rules, I can nominate any cool person I want, right?

By the way, if you commented, or if you didn't comment but are thinking cheering thoughts for me regarding the book, you are rockin' too. Thank you so much. I am still worrying, but the 8 jars of blackberry brandy jam, the brush pile, and the almost finished professor's sweater are keeping me breathing smoothly for now. Oh, and that lovely spindle I mentioned has already produced 70 yards of double ply worsted weight yarn, 3 oz, knits at 3.5 sts to the inch on an #8. It's a gray Gotland, black alpaca, and green mohair blend, but more on that another time, right?

You are stars. Now, since the professor came through with the above photos, here's another one of his gifts. I made this one large for you to appreciate this color in all its glory. I hope you can see the locks on your screen. We think this one was a Lincoln and of course, it won a first at Black Sheep. Wouldn't you give this a first?

6 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

You *totally* rock, Joanne. :)

July 1, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

What a gorgeous fleece!!!! I'm heading out to the weeds and blackberry patch tomorrow. Maybe I can get your recipe the blackberry brandy jam sounds yummy.

July 1, 2007 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

Wow! I'd think people would pay good money to be nominated a Rockin' Girl Blogger! Congratulations and you go, girl!

July 2, 2007 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the nomination and good luck on your book! (And I *thought* that was Donna, when I saw that picture! Best. Tech. Editor. Ever!)

July 2, 2007 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that blackberry brandy jam sounds heavenly. i'll second peggy's request for the recipe!

July 2, 2007 at 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 5, 2007 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home