Tuesday, June 12, 2007

photo shoot

I've had requests (Romi and Vanessa!) for some photos. There are a bunch of rules about this--does the model give permission to be on someone's blog, is the photo likely to be used in contracted work later--you get the gist. It took me a couple of days to get permission, etc. but we picked out some photos that were ok to use. Hopefully you can extrapolate from this...we think things were pretty successful!

Model Tia wears my I'll Pack a Hat and my handspun, handknit poncho based on a design in Folk Shawls.Model Tia wears my design-a one of a kind handknit pink sweater with stranded knitting accents, (knit on 3 mm needles) and Boucle Wrap overskirt in this photo. This isn't a great photo because of the dappling of the light, but you get the idea... The professor ended the day by letting Harry and me sit down in the middle of one of the sets. Originally the photos had either a mug of tea or iced tea --exactly what I would be drinking in this scenario. We're not beautiful models, (correction: I'm not a beautiful model, especially in that outfit) but as portraiture goes, these catch us pretty well. Note the books, knitting, and stick....some of our favorite hobbies!



8 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Great pictures Joanne. The professor is defintely multi- talented!

June 13, 2007 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

That poncho almost makes me reconsider my No Poncho rule (I did ponchos the first time round). The pink sweater is so elegant! But the last one on the page is the best of them all.

June 13, 2007 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Which Folk Shawls pattern? It works as a Poncho! Like Sarah, I was there the first time round! Any dog and their human picture has to be a good one!

June 13, 2007 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

The pattern of the poncho is Kimono Shawl (Kimono Lace) from the book Folk Shawls. I knit it as a rectangular stole and then couldn't get it to stay on. That's when I sewed it together to make a poncho. It's mighty flattering as ponchos go, and good for cool weather. Thanks for reading my blog, Mrs. J! I had a teacher named Mrs. J in 5th grade!

June 13, 2007 at 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, you make a lovely model. I especially love the grey in your hair. Mine is finally starting to turn, too, and I'm letting it go. I've earned every one of those strands of silver, thank you very much, and I'll like to enjoy them. :)

June 13, 2007 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you e for your compliments on the photography. This is definitely a project in which I am developing skills in places where I didn't think I had any! I should say though that taking pictures of people is actually easier than taking pictures of butterflies (which, believe it or not, is part of my day job). While human models may not like to follow directions, they are capable of doing so. The same can't be said for butterflies.

Most of all, I'm really glad that I can help Joanne accomplish some of her career goals.

The Professor

June 13, 2007 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i like the dapple!
and you look lovely, esp. in the second photo, very serene.

June 14, 2007 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I agree with vanessa (as always!)It was almost worth not being able to post a comment earlier in order to read the Professor's comment. Wonderful! Have a good flight - see you tomorrow.

June 14, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home