Sunday, July 15, 2007

Reuse, Recycle

Hello blog readers!
My mom gave me a pile of old Cast On magazines (published by TKGA, The Knitting Guild Association) because she was going to get rid of them...and my office is full as it is! There are 10 issues from 1997 to 1999, and one odd ball from Fall 1991. They've all been read but are in ok condition. Many have designs by Lucy Neatby, Dawn Brocco, NickyEpstein, Janet Szabo, Jill Wolcott, Nancie Wiseman, etc. Some big names and articles, if a little out of date. I don't know whether they are "worth" anything but I thought I'd ask here before trying to post them elsewhere. Anyone interested? I imagine I could mail them media rate in the USA for a reasonable amount of money--they are heavy! What do you think? (even if you don't want them, you would be doing me a huge favor if you could let me know what they might be worth? I have no idea!)

Advice? (in the comments, please...) If you're interested, please email me: Joanne AT joanneseiff.com.
EDIT: (July 16) I haven't heard from anyone at all! Does anyone have interest in these for the price of postage? Should I just recycle them?

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I have no clue what they may be worth. You might try e-bay. My bookshelf is bulging but I am tempted. I am just saying no. I have to.

July 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Janet Szabo said...

Joanne, I'll take them. I'd like to round out my collection from that period of time.

July 17, 2007 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Janet, I'm emailing you-I'm just happy to find these a home, I think they are interesting, even though I too am overstocked, like Cathy is!

July 17, 2007 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like they may have found a home~yeah!

July 17, 2007 at 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the issue is resolved. For future reference, public libraries often are interested in donations of that sort.

July 17, 2007 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home