Sunday, August 05, 2007

treats for dog days

We're celebrating the hot humid dog days of August here. Everyone (dogs included) spends a lot of time indoors. Today, for instance, we have a heat index of 102, and it's only 1 pm. Imagine what the temperature and humidity will be like at 3 or 4 pm! OK, on second thought, don't even think about it. Dang hot. That's all you need to know. Here are a few announcements:

Announcements, Announcements, Announcements...A, Double N, O, U, N. C, E, M, E, N,T,S...Everybody now....

Oops. I'm letting the summer theme get a little out of control. That's the beginning of the summer camp "Announcement song" from when I was a kid. Guess I'm getting cabin fever here. I have asthma and allergies sensitive to this humid, pollen-filled heat, so I'm stuck inside while it's so yucky out.

First, my article, "Green Knitting," is in the Fall issue of Interweave Knits. No weblinks available, but check it out at your favorite newsstand.

Second? Thanks to all the wonderful comments about inspiration and perseverance. It's heartening to know that folks who've actually written books-- like Janet, Kristin and Deb, understand just what I meant.

Finally, my friend Cindy sent this link. This is a British telly ad. Even if you're not a knitter (What? There are nonknitters reading this?) You'll laugh at this one. Then, right after you laugh, we'll find a Nana to teach you to knit right away! Enjoy!

Knitted Shreddies

7 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Cool about the article!!! I can't wait to see it. How awesome!!!! And I love the Shreddies thingy. So cute. Yep, I'm with ya. The family is down at the pool, not me, I'm staying inside thie air conditioned house. Plus, allergies are giving me fits as well. Hope you get to feeling better.

August 5, 2007 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Deborah Robson said...

Your Interweave Knits article is excellent. I read it last night and was going to drop you a note, but I've been converting charts from type to Illustrator outlines and got kind of distracted. . . .

Super article. Congratulations.

August 5, 2007 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Deborah Robson said...

I woulda sworn those Shreddies were woven. . . .

August 5, 2007 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Congrats on the article!!!

I lvoed the Shreddies link. :)

Back to the grind....

August 5, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, i now have that song running through my head non stop!

i've read your article and loved it. you are amazing!

August 6, 2007 at 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiber in your diet... hahahaha

Great article!

August 6, 2007 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I will make a trip to town tomorrow and hunt down that IK issue. It is on the newstands right? Or are the cheers in your comments from the subscribers?

August 8, 2007 at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home