Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I dream of bathtubs

Bacchus in the Bath Accessories is once again available for sale! This was a pattern I designed as a Knit Picks catalog Exclusive a while back. When the copyright reverted to me, I was deep in the middle of working on the fiber festivals book, and couldn't manage to post it online. It's now available again here on my website.

My subject header is only partly joking...I love my house in Kentucky, but when the bathrooms were renovated, bathtubs were clearly not the priority. We have a lovely shower and in the guest bathroom, a tub barely big enough for, uhh, Harry the dog. Not really big enough for an adult person to do more than shower in it. I know, because I tried to bathe there almost immediately after we moved in. Sadly, even a five foot tall person is too big to stretch out in that tub! We live in a neighborhood of old houses, and I suspect that big clawfoot tubs are hiding all around me. I've considered wandering around with my soap and bath towel...but... I'm just not that close with the neighbors! Instead, sometimes my designs take me to a dreamy bathtub place, and bacchus was one of those designs.

Last night at 2 AM, I was all too close to some drunk neighbors who were walking home after the bars closed. (our bedroom faces the street and sidewalk) The noise woke me up, and the dogs barked, and I've been making grammatical and spelling errors all day. Forgive me if I say something dumb here. Chalk it up to those hellraising neighbors. Maybe I should start wearing the bathrobe, visiting these folks, and invite them to cut back on the likker?

To answer a few comments--Caroline, I didn't get to see the Chagall windows in Chicago at the Art Institute. Oh well, I guess that leaves something for next time. One other problem...Joy in Living, you left a lovely note, but I have no way to reach you via email,and I'd love to see the cushions you made! If you ever want to drop me a line so we can actually exchange messages, it's joanne AT joanneseiffDOTcom.

Well, that's the big news from here. I may be scarce the rest of the week--off to Philly/NJ with the professor, but please drop by and leave me a note! I love hearing from you. Happy Spring.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie K said...

There seems to be a trend of loud drunken people congregating every night on my street corner here in NYC. I actually hope they'll start brawling so I can call the cops on them. So I really sympathize with you.

Enjoy Princeton (if you're going there). Check out the wonderful (and free!) Art Museum on campus.

March 25, 2008 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I miss your blog for a bit and find you've been galavanting all over the country. I'm sure you really enjoyed it. You are a bath person as well? My family are all shower takers and look at me with disdain. Glad to know I'm in good company!!!!

March 25, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home