Sunday, November 02, 2008

day by day

Things with my new nephew are--very slowly--improving. Antibiotics seem to be working for his pneumonia, and I got to hold him for the first time today. He is by no means out of the woods, and potentially scheduled for a surgery sometime before he leaves the hospital...but I'll take a very small bit of hopeful news when I can get it.

I'm so grateful for all the prayer, nice comments, emails, etc. that you've been sending. I may not have gotten back to each of you, and I'm sorry. Thanks so much for cheering us on through this. It really helps.

Now, while all this is happening, I've been busy working on book #2--mostly knitting samples and working on patterns. I've been doing a little writing but it can be hard to concentrate. For the most part, Fiber Gathering seems to be out of my hands now. It's both wonderfully freeing and scary...since there is no way to fix anything anymore! The books will be available in March, but guess what I found online here at Wiley's website?

I've pasted an image for you to see here--for the larger pdf, follow the link and check it out. This is a part of the publicity for the book. (pretty cool, huh?!)

I've also finished my first spun and plied skein from the great wheel. It's nothing special--just cheviot wool, but it was thrilling to finish that first skein.

Say hey down here in the comments, ok? I love hearing from you if you're reading all this drama.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mary G said...

Yippeee! Sounds like a great book ... congrats!

And also, wonderful news about your nephew ... we'll continue to pray.

November 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That is certainly fine pre-pub work. A certain amount of good cheer this day for all. Good news on your nephew. Will continue healthy thoughts for the whole family. Hugs.

November 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your nephew is progressing, however slowly. The book, meanwhile, looks great, and wonderful to read that the publisher not only committed to having the book nicely designed but also has a genuine publicity plan. Excellent! On the link, though, what's Blad??

November 2, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad there's progress. I'm glad you're there and that you got to hold him. And congratulations on the book--if I'm this excited to see a single page, I can only imagine what it must be like for you! (Actually, I have a pretty good idea...) Can't wait to buy my copy.

November 2, 2008 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

(((hugs))) for your nephew, glad to hear he's doing better.

The book looks great! can't wait to hold my own copy :-)

November 3, 2008 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Joanne,
Such wonderful,uplifting news about your nephew and how special that you were allowed to hold him. I can just image that new baby smell.....how I miss my boys when they were little :)

Great news about your book. I am anxiously awaiting my very own copy ~

Will continue sending the good thoughts and prayer for you all.

November 3, 2008 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Geek Knitter said...

Sending careful and gentle hugs to your nephew. You and your family have been very much in my heart and my thoughts.

Be well, and don't forget those walks. Previous commenters are right, you need to take care of yourself.

November 3, 2008 at 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 3, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger knitalot3 said...

Hey! I'm still here. Thinking about you.
LisaK

November 3, 2008 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

I am so glad to hear that your nephew is improving!

And I'm so excited to see your blad! And dude! Evergreen is in there! How friggin' cool is that?!?!

Don't forget to vote. :g:

November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home