Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ouch! Skewered

On the knitting front, I've run out of Romney ram yarn again and I have to spin more to finish the sleeve of my coat. I know, it will be done--someday. This time, I'm going to do at least two skeins so that I'll have a backup and I won't stall out yet again. It takes no time to spin up a bulky skein, it's just the skein washing and drying that causes delay. In the meanwhile, I'm knitting up some sleeves to finish another sweater UFO. I'm treading water here in knitting world, but at least I'm trying not to sink under the weight of all this unfinished stuff!

Here's a story to keep you entertained. I have a very beat-up office chair. However, I'm short and this chair is just right--my feet hit the floor and everything. So it has stuffing coming out...so what. Or at least, that's what I thought until this past weekend. I slid onto the chair. I was wearing canvas pants that slipped along with me...until I felt something cold and sharp. No, my bottom felt something cold and sharp. I decided to move--but I couldn't. Nope.

The metal chair spring popped up through the stuffing, through my pants, through my underwear. Yup.

I was skewered to the seat.

There was no one at home to see my plight. Thank goodness. I managed to detach myself, and then I had to quick sew up the big hole in my seat of my pants before my husband and the houseguest came home. Luckily there was no blood, and I'm, uhh, cushioned, in the place where the metal spring got me. I'll spare you any visual images. While you're laughing, I'll leave you with a picture of Sally. She was laughing too. I'm not taking it personally. Go ahead, laugh...

4 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

well it beats sitting on a dpn ;-)

February 7, 2006 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Oh Sally, you just couldn't hold it in, could ya? Poor mommy!

February 7, 2006 at 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shish-ka-Joanne!

So are you getting a new chair, removing the spring or sticking a pillow over it?

February 8, 2006 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Pillow, Kerry. It's all about the pillow. Later, I might consider duct tape...I've been in a bit of a slump--until I start getting some new freelance jobs, a new chair is out of the question!

February 9, 2006 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home