Wednesday, April 26, 2006

our new rug



Harry presents his new rug. The wool is from a local Kentucky farmer, a Romney/mixed breed wool, made into roving by Stonehedge Fiber Mills in Michigan. It's crocheted with a humogous crochet hook handmade by Turn of the Century . Despite the large size of the hook (mine looks like the light colored Ash one, second from the bottom) it fit in my hand very nicely and made the work a pleasure. The rubber backing I painted on the bottom really does keep it from sliding, and this rug feels incredible under your bare feet!

In other news, I solved my iPod problem myself! Recently I got a new fancy laser printer. It attaches to the computer via USB port. I unplugged the printer, and all of a sudden, the PC finally recognized my iPod. I think maybe the fancy dancy printer was sucking all the juice out, so it was hard to get another device to work at the same time. That's my theory. It worked. Hurray! I have two audiobooks and a lot of music ready for my trip to D.C. Now I just need to get the knitting projects ready and I know the trip will be easier.

This rug really did get complete approval in our household. I'll leave you with Sally's big smile:


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks quite proud of her new rug! I think one or two of those would be popular at my house, too. If you've got time.

April 26, 2006 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Woo hoo the rug looks great!!! I wanna make one;-)
I'm glad the ipod issue is resolved!!

April 26, 2006 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

The rug looks great, and it obviously has the woof woof stamp of approval.

April 26, 2006 at 1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great models on the rug! it looks wonderful. i have a love/hate relationship with my i-pod occassionally, but all in all i love it!

April 26, 2006 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

The rug looks great! Looking forward to meeting you next week in Maryland. ;)

April 26, 2006 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

love the rug :-)

April 26, 2006 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Gosh, I wish I'd understood your iPod problem better, I would have suggested you unplug or turn off something else. The iPod totally takes over all the USB ports. I found this out by trying to take photos off my camera while the iPod was attached to the computer. It wouldn't recognize the camera. Another thing: if you have a desktop type computer with USB ports both front and back - the ones in the front won't recognize the iPod, only the ones on the back. Something about having enough power.

April 27, 2006 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home