Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hot Hot Hot

In my fickle dating days, I had an off-again, on-again boyfriend whose mere touch caused me absolute shivers. He drove my best friend nuts because he always wanted to be touching me, and she thought it was icky. (I thought it was lust.) Maybe I’ve lost something, but these shivery moments are rare, esp. when the professor is off at a Bioinformatics conference. I was reminded of this because:
A) It’s cold and damp out. Harry likes being in my lap (as much as a 40 lb dog can) and to be touching me in some way. It’s endearing.
B) I’m knitting a hat to donate for the Yarn Harlot’s Represent tour and the yarn, Cashsoft DK and Rowan Wool Cotton, is as close as yarn can get to that absolutely sexy shiver.

C) Aside from a cup of good sweet hot tea, sparkling white wine, and incredibly well-made silky, very dark chocolate, I can think of nothing edible that makes me feel this way.
D) I like a few sensuous and sultry hot hot hot days in summer, when sitting on the back porch and drinking iced tea or lemonade is all one can do. I don’t want to see an entire world of hot hot hot and flooding. Yesterday, Harry, Sally, and I participated in the Bowling Green Action Day for http://www.stepitup2007.org , a chance to ask Congress to enact legislation to cut carbon emissions by 80% by 2050. (Yes, global warming affects dogs, too. I shudder to think of all the shedding...)

What?? How did I get from teenage lust to carbon emissions? Well, it started with your bread stories,and trying to post about positive, interesting things…avoiding work stress, tax extensions, and other negativities...and Phyllis, I lived in upstate NY for a while. I’d like to devote a moment of divine hallelujahs to Wegman’s…La! That grocery store chain (huge, full of exotic treats and interesting foods) is a true wonder.
So, my neato new Map indicates that I'm getting something like 67.28 people visiting, every day! Wow. Let me know you're here and drop a line every now and then, ok? I'm referring to the whole people. That .28, well, is she able to type? Well, I'm just thrilled she's reading at all...

4 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

I think you should be equal opportunity here and accept the possibility that the .28 may be a man. ;)

April 15, 2007 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Rosemary, you know, you're absolutely right. I'm sorry. Is He/she able to type?!!

April 15, 2007 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

That yarn is trully gorgeous. And yes, I have looked at your map and I am totally dejected that my map isn't as full nor does it have as an exotic representation.

April 15, 2007 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

Ah, yes, Wegman's. Truly a supermarket that inspires. :) Saw my first Wegman's while vacationing in the Finger Lakes and while I wouldn't expend the extra carbon emissions to get to one from here, I *do* take advantage when I find myself in the same town as one.

April 16, 2007 at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home