Thursday, March 22, 2007

happy moments

Several folks have asked if I soaked up sun or went swimming. Alas, no...although this did save me from getting the requisite sunburn, so I'm glad about that. Since I spent many hours accompanying my husband as he did field work, I saw lots of tropical Florida scrubland at the edges of parks and highways where his butterflies have good habitat. I saw a Key Deer (no photo of that, since I was reading quietly in the car when she approached) and a lot of normal people enjoying the outdoors. I liked that slice of regular people enjoying nature like this:

caption: man and his poodle go fishing under a Keys highway bridge


Although I'm sad not to be in NYC today to help "Represent" knitters with the Yarn Harlot, I'm considering a road trip to Lexington in April to see her. It's, what, a 150 miles each way... a pilgrimage, perhaps. In the meanwhile, I'm taking a day trip of 180 miles round trip to a fiber festival in Dickson, TN, this weekend, called Southeast Fiber Forum.

Last, but certainly not least, I got a wonderful email, with this photo attached, when I returned home. This is from Svetlana in St. Petersburg, Russia. She said:

"Thank you very much for the Ruffle Boa pattern. I saw the pictures of such scarfs but couldn't find any descriptions. But finnaly found your web-site and the pattern. Here's what I made - I love it! (the model is my Mom - as soon as I've finished the boa she said "you'll make yourself another one and I'm taking this one" :) ) So, I guess I'll start working on the next one while spring is still here. "

What a fabulous note! Sally, the dog diva, and I are so tickled to hear someone who lives so far away likes our boa pattern!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that I need to recover from the socks I knit my husband first. That might take a while. . . thank you for your great suggestions. I love the picture of the boas...both yours and the gal from Russia.

March 22, 2007 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I'm quite jealous that you are going to the fiber fest. I thought about it, but didn't have time to save up so I could really have fun. Let me know how it goes. It is just too cool about the lady in Russia using your pattern and sending you a picture.

March 22, 2007 at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home