Monday, March 19, 2007

She's back.

I'm back and I took a lot of photos. Here's the short version:
The professor did a lot of butterfly research. I even helped, in a very marginal way. Here he is, on what we concluded was the only real hill we could find in the Florida Keys:

I saw a lot of roosters. (chickens too.) Here's a huge rooster sculpture by Derek Arnold and here's a real rooster that was wandering around the Ernest Hemingway gardens. For poultry neophytes, roosters do not only crow in the early morning. Key West was filled with ardent cries of roosters on every block, throughout much of the day. I loved it--I hope it gave all the hardpartying types with hangovers a wake up call. Or two.

I finished the back of the professor's sweater (yes, I can knit wool in the tropics, even when people ask if I'm knitting a blanket. It's that big) and the sweater back took approximately a month. I fit it in between designs for work. When I am caught up on my work, laundry, etc. more will be revealed about passion fruit, travelling during spring break, and other adventures. More to come...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monster sweaters, Monster socks. What is it with these never ending projects? Pure satisfaction when finished! Welcome home.

March 19, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Glad you are back and had such a wonderful time. Really looking forward to hearing more!!!! The sweater is beautiful. Hope you are rested and ready to conquer the world. Also hope your babies did fine while you were gone.

March 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home