Wednesday, August 08, 2007

up close

It's very hot here...as hot as it's ever been since we moved to Kentucky. I've experienced hotter--North Carolina and Virginia were both worse in the summer, but this is pretty unpleasant on its own. Today we've got a high of 101 predicted, with heat indexes of 105 to 110. That's because we don't (snort) have "dry heat." It's chockful of humidity here.

I've spent a lot of time indoors. It's remarkable how an indoor air-conditioned 80-85 feels downright cold! As a result, I finished this sweater for the book. I used these arty shots because I don't want to do anything inappropriate and give away top secret designer details--but you can at least enjoy the texture right along with me. I'm very pleased about how this one turned out and now I just have to finish the number crunching and pattern writing.

I'm now onto some purely recreational knitting. (because everyone needs a break!) I'm working on this Ribby Shell in a cotton yarn I bought in Greece last year. It's a dead ringer for Tahki Cotton Classic and the shade is a deep aegean blue. After working on 5+ samples for the book, I'm glad to take this detour. I'm enjoying myself!

I really appreciate all the compliments about the IK article. Thanks, everybody! One thing I hope that blogging does for us is to point out that all these writers and designers? People who are often in the public eye generally? Writers and designers are just people...like everyone else. Seeing people up close can either make me admire and respect them even more or...NOT.

I saw this article today. I'd call this a tabloid but it's online. There's something about the way this was made public--and how this actor saw nothing wrong with humiliating his ex-wife, mother of his children- that is, umm, distasteful. However, he's found just what he wants...

"She's just easy, and loving, and smart, and if everybody was just as happy to see me when I walk through a door as her, my life would be perfect."

Perhaps it's the heat that's making me snarky (sure, let's blame it on the heat) but does it sound like he's talking about his Golden Retriever? Now, kind readers, you know I love dogs and have nothing against Goldens. In fact, I don't think they are "easy." Ummmm. No. He's talking about his future bride, the next Mrs. Charlie Sheen. I've included the link to the whole article because I wouldn't want you to feel I've unfairly taken this out of context. Let's hope it cools down soon. Maybe the heat is offering me too much indoors time to be snarky. Is this how this man feels women should behave? Or, maybe I should say something else? Way T.M.I.? (too much information?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

Congrats on finishing the sweater for your book. I can't wait to see it. Good for you, we all need a break. Particularly in this heat, whoooooo. The tank is nice. Enjoy!!!

August 8, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought he was talking about a dog too, or maybe a pot-bellied pig. We're experiencing the same heat down here in Alabama, indices around 110. I keep telling myself this is the worst part, it'll get better in a few weeks! If you do go to SAFF, check out JenLa's blog for details on a blogger meet-up if you're interested!

August 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

It's not the heat!

August 9, 2007 at 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of a dog too! Maybe he should just GET a dog.

August 9, 2007 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He should get a dog, but not a golden or a lab.... I like them.

How about a Pet Rock? It might be hard to tell if it was happy to see him, but I'm sure he's too busy checking his reflection in the mirror to notice.

August 10, 2007 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home