Tuesday, January 22, 2008

awards and treats

Well, according to my last entry's comments and statistics, only six of you laughed. About 40 to 50 folks visit my blog each day. That's maybe 200 people who visited, and only six laughed. Hmmph. In the future, I guess I'll keep my bird jokes to myself. (we thought up other birds with bad names, too. Like Booby.) Hahhaha. Heehee. Say it three times fast!!! Ahem. I'm going to try to grow up now. OK, that's enough of that.

My friend Rosemary kindly gave me this award! I am completely honored. I am brushing aside my planned post, where I would talk about finishing knitted socks, pear hazelnut muffins, and other treats in order to mention this. Blogs give me all the important interaction, along with lists, emails, and very very rare phone calls (that's like seeing a Booby, that rare!) that normal people get at their places of work. Since I work alone, with Harry and Sally, I rely on all this great stimulation from the web. You'll notice that the folks I list below aren't necessarily listed on the side of my blog--I'm terrible at updating my template, but of course, those are all good reads, too!


I am now to pass it on to 10 other bloggers, according to the instructions: "Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times." And in no particular order:
Thanks for making my reading life so rich!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, you and Sheila Ernst, and thank you, and Sheila said I was to put that button on my blog and can you see me running away down the street, hands over ears, going lalalala I can't HEAR you... Said the technoidiot. I appreciate the kind words, I just don't know what to do with them.

As for birds: I am suddenly reminded of a For Better or For Worse Sunday strip where the dog was sitting under a tree, looking up at a bird that was singing: tweet tweet tweeeeeet tweet tweet, and the dog started barking. Barkbarkbarkbarkbark. Finally the bird stopped, looked at the dog, and there was one last note out of it: "Twit."

You got it. It must have been a Tufted Twitmouse.

January 22, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Why thank you m'am! I have put the button on my blog, in pride of place & shall give careful thought to where I award the button.

January 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

And you have made my day!
Thanks Joanne!
(and now I'm off to check out some new links that you have provided!)

January 22, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great tits of switzerland - hahahahaaha! I'm getting a good giggle out of it.

January 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger foodperson said...

Joanne, I'm so honored. Thank you! I am definitely motivated to do the same thing. I have a question: Is seeing a Booby more or less rare than a Swiss tit? Meanwhile, I finally learned how to subscribe to blogger feeds that don't show a feed button on their page; it's in the browser address bar. That means, I now subscribe to your blog, which is much better than relying on memory to check it. Congratulations on your award, and thanks for mine! -- Janet

January 22, 2008 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Deborah Robson said...

Cool! Thanks! I've got a bunch of posts I'm behind on. This inspires me . . . I'll do better once I get the dang car situation straightened out. This is independentstitch.typepad.com expressing my appreciation for being noticed!

January 22, 2008 at 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. You're sweet as pie. Thanks for the compliment!

Now. Please post about the pear hazelnut muffins. I'm hungry.

January 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thank you!! I appreciate it.

I'll have to check out the new links.

January 23, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the joke too (though I am replying to the WRONG entry!)

You commented about my ipod catastrophe last week, and I just now took the time to find the right Joanne! Thanks for your input - I do appreciate it.

I was just through Bowling Green (had to stop at the Corvette Museum) on the way to Nashville for a short Christmas Break trip.

Thanks for all you do for AKD. I have only been a member for a short time, but I think it is a great resource for a new designer, and is heading in the right direction to really benefit all of us. I hope to get more involved as time goes on.

January 23, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home