Saturday, April 01, 2017

work-life balance AND glasses!

The Jewish Independent in Vancouver just published this piece:

The work is not solely ours...

(and again, if it is familiar, that may be because you are subscribed to the Winnipeg Jewish Post & News...)  My work is not in syndication or anything, but it does sometimes get reprinted. :)

This article makes more sense when you consider that I stepped down from two big volunteer activities recently.  I served on the board of one, and was involved with another from its inception--and I just realized I needed to step down and cut myself more of a break.  It has taken me a long time to start feeling better again, and I needed to find more time off somewhere.  My twins, household, and work life aren't going anywhere, so I had to reconsider some other obligations.

To be honest, I've been relieved since I did this, but it was a hard decision.  I didn't think I spent so much time on it, and in fact, had no idea how much time I spent on volunteering until I stopped doing it all.  Whew.

In other big news, one of our twins just got his first pair of eyeglasses!  It's a big adjustment, but he is very excited about the whole thing.  I'm hoping it helps a bit with learning to read and will improve some of his depth perception, so he does not fall quite as often.  It's been a big week around here.

No pictures right now, but imagine a very proud 5 year old who just chose his own black "Ray Ban" frames and is thrilled to have the glasses.  A big deal!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruit Farm North said...

So happy for your little guy to have glasses! When I first got mine, way back when, I could t believe everything I had not been seeing for a long time. Great.

April 3, 2017 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks, Nina! He is still adjusting to wearing them--and I hope they fix things for him. I hate to be superficial...but he looks so handsome! :)

April 3, 2017 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home