Thursday, January 26, 2017

A good book



You know how it is when you've read a good book, and it's done?  I feel lonely for the imaginary world I've just left.

I recently listened to the audio version of The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald. It was so good that I wanted to know more!  I wanted to read everything this author had ever written.  Alas, it's the only book of hers that is available in English.  I've almost convinced myself that I need to concentrate and try another of her books in French...in my free time. (Laugh here! My free time generally involves me falling asleep in 30 seconds flat...)

I listen to a lot of audio books, because I can remain an avid reader while cooking, doing household chores, mending, knitting, and folding laundry.  I don't have world's greatest concentration while doing it, but it's the best I can do for now....and let me tell you, this book was fabulous.  Definitely better than the best I can do. :)  If you need a book recommendation?  I hope you enjoy this one.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruit Farm North said...

Thanks so much for the book recommendation! I, too, depend upon audio books so I can get other things done. And a good reader is a special treat. Hope you are all staying healthy. I have been enjoying your book of essays as well.

February 1, 2017 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You are welcome, Nina! I am so happy you like my book, too. As for audiobooks, I find them to be a soul saver. They give me an imaginary life to escape to while I do all the other things one has to accomplish!

I have fallen down a bit on the new book promotion...and now I have a kid with a cold, and so it goes. -25F windchill and yet another virus, ain't winter fun?!

February 1, 2017 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Ruit Farm North said...

Ah, promotion is a whole other kettle of fish. I am not a marketer and have a ton of product left over from when we had sheep and I find it very difficult to get out there and try to move it. I am trying a little more now that I am retired, but I find that I don't like pushing product! I am not a sales person at heart.

February 9, 2017 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home