Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Turkish Lace Camisole

Announcing the Turkish Lace Camisole, formerly a Knit Picks design exclusive! Available now as a downloadable pattern on my website. Click HERE to purchase or learn more about the pattern.
How did I come up with this format for the photos? Well, most of the comments (which were all very helpful) involved how one would wear this, and what the model should look like and wear. In fact, this design, due to its drape and lacy appeal, has a great way of clinging to flatter all the curves and waist of most any figure. So, using my red sample camisole as a model, the professor and I did another photo shoot--and then, I erased myself out of the photo.
I found this a fast and fun summer project when I designed and knit it last year.
Now, what should you wear it with? A tank? A bikini? A long sleeve shirt? Nothing at all? ... Well now, that's up to you. Using my imagination (and a little bit of the professor's), this blog entry might make me blush!
No one says you have to wear this in public...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary G said...

Joanne,

I like the red and the "erased you" so much better than the KnitPicks version....isn't it funny how different things can look depending on the yarn or the photo? I did an entrelac rug for CastOn that was hideously photo'ed and didn't look at all worth doing....

Happy knittin'

April 10, 2007 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Great re-do!!! Looks very nice and the ideas for various ways to utilize this piece in one's wardrobe is very inviting. :)

April 10, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

What a difference! The original photostyling really detracted from your pattern, Joanne. The model's clothing didn't really do much for your camisole and all of the 'busy'-ness in the background didn't help.

Your new version really allows the view to see the possibilities for this pattern. Good job!

April 11, 2007 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks good!

April 15, 2007 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home