Saturday, February 25, 2006

buggy article

Hey! Today I got written up in the Raleigh News and Observer..Check it out:
Knitter caught a bug, then spread it

Not the most flattering header, true, and they somehow thought I lived in Indiana instead of Kentucky, but otherwise, I am thrilled.

On the crazy February entertaining front, I served a lovely meal last night of butternut squash cream bisque, imam bayildi (roasted eggplant with tomato garlic sauce), salad, goat cheese from Capriole Farm and challah, and apple chocolate chip cake with whipped cream for dessert. I've heard that some people like hearing the menu, so here it is!

On to Knitting:
Alas, I am not a Contender. In fact, I couldn't even have been a contender! I did not formally enter the yarn harlot's Knitting Olympics. However, I've been quietly working alongside of the Olympians, and my Jo Sharp cardigan is nearing the last bend. I'm sewing things together and I hope to block it soon. The Knitting Olympics has helped motivate me to speed up my UFO completion, and I'm grateful. I feel like one of those northernly Canadian sorts who skates fast fast fast on a frozen canal, dreaming of far off glory but only using their skates to commute to work...I'm knitting, fast, but maybe I'm too much of a loner for formal competition right now. Maybe I'll try again--in Vancouver.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great article! And when can I come to your house for dinner?

:)

February 25, 2006 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Congratulations on the interview! It's so cool!

February 25, 2006 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

great article Joanne! The bugs are so cute and now they are famous!

February 26, 2006 at 5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is THAT??? It's got to be weird to see your name in the paper.

Another bunch of lucky guests! You put Martha to shame!

February 26, 2006 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home