Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Cocoa Butter Rose

Here's a close up of the first sweater jacket that I've designed--May I present? ....Cocoa Butter Rose. Now I'm on to the next couple, since the contract is for three. I'm taking a short breather on the production knitting front. Last night, I worked on a sock for myself! Soon enough I'll be knitting away on the next full fledged wool sweater in summer time. Did I mention it again? Gosh, air conditioning is great.

I've finished Pride and Prejudice (again) and I still love the book. It's amazing how things just get better with time. I just can't recommend knitting with audiobooks enough. Makes me happy.

On this morning's walk I took a tumble and landed on the sidewalk pavement. It happens. I lost my footing, I couldn't regain it, I let out an involuntary, unladylike bellow and found myself on the ground. I somehow managed to throw aside two leashes so I could brace my fall with my palms. My hands (and shoulders) are a bit tender but I couldn't be more proud of my dogs. Sally sat right down at attention, waiting for me to help her continue her walk.
(Sally, at home, at attention)
Harry, his usual dramatic self, dithered around, trying to lick me and fix me up. The husband was there to help, luckily, and asked everybody to sit at the top of his lungs. Sally was already sitting and Harry was too concerned about my well-being. Nobody took the opportunity to run down the street, chase cars in traffic or eat cats, or escape. (not even the husband! :) I was bursting with pride over my two young rescued bird dogs. They are growing up, becoming well-trained and I'm so proud!

An aside...If you don't already support your local humane society and/or animal shelter, please consider it. Harry and Sally are both adopted from local animal shelters and they are fabulous parts of the family. You can adopt a dog or cat at PetFinder or at a local shelter. Please give Harry and Sally's friends and relatives good homes, if you can.

As we continued on the walk, we bumped into a neighbor. We had a great chat and her 4 year old son raced out of the house at a run, yelling, "Joanne....!" to give me a big hug. I forgot the scraped palms right away.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great story about your dogs. i am afraid mine would have been off like a shot. your sweater jacket is lovely.

July 11, 2006 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

I guess you can't say WHERE we will see this design again.....?

July 11, 2006 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Glad everyone behaved well and that is going to be a very wearable jacket.

July 11, 2006 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked how the lapels worked out!

What good doggies you have! Nothing to heal a bruised bottom or ego like a slurpy dog.

July 11, 2006 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Caroline, the sweater jacket gig is with Knit Picks. I just hesitate to show full images and details, since I don't want to jeopardize their sales and advertising. If I think it will boost their sales, well, then, of course I'll mention it! And yes, I think these would look fabulous on you!

July 11, 2006 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

You be careful - those little falls as an adult can be painful! Ask me how I know. The jacket looks great!

July 11, 2006 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

What a lovely jacket you have created. Such talent. I really like the crochet trim.
You are a very lucky woman to have escaped any serious injury with the fall....and then to see what a masterful job you have done to put peace and love into the dogs that you have taken into your heart!! Well done.

July 12, 2006 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I adore P&P, too - and a contract for 3 jackets is NO SMALL DEAL!! Good on you!

July 18, 2006 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger PBnJ said...

The jacket is very lovely! and glad you could work on some socks for yourself too! That's really great that your dogs behaved for you, and that you are okay after your fall. (LOL about nobody chasing cars in traffic or eating cats...) Have a great day, Joanne! ((hugs))

July 19, 2006 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home