Friday, January 25, 2008

Why get up?

You know when you wake up and you're all tense and you've been having bad dreams all night? You're not just relieved to be awake, but really annoyed and sad, just sad that some perfectly good sleep was ruined by crumminess? Yeah, me too. That's how I woke up this morning. I even tried to go back to sleep to erase the feeling, but no, it didn't work out.
Then, like when a pot boils over, I just had to go through some of the fussy, politicky, frustrating things that had been irking me, and whew! Prepare for some super bad feeling. Grumble. Hmmph. As a result of this, everything is getting on my last nerve, as my teaching mentors used to say. It happens to everyone, I know.
It shouldn't have happened today. I mean, I'm getting kind comments even from drive by readers. (and by that, Taueret, I'm sure you only mean good things and not shooting at me, since I've looked at fab spinning on your blog!) Yesterday I even submitted something for Spin-Off that took forever to put together, (hopefully you'll read more about it in Summer '08) and I generally love submitting stuff, what a relief!
We've even had a few days of downright crisp weather (low of 6 F last night) and I love cold weather...a chance to pull out the long underwear AND wear extra sweaters! So, I'm focusing on the good things, instead of the mud that's all over the place from the freeze thaw cycle:
1) I got to wear my super heavy Icelandic sweater today. I've had it since I was 12. And yes, the temperature has risen outside, so I'm boiling up.
2) I submitted another chunk of my book today. Submission of one's work? good thing.
3) I was offered a frozen "stew chicken" (layer that stopped laying) from my local winter time veggie farm, and it cost $6. Total. What a deal.
4) Said chickie is now boiling away, filling the house with lovely aromas of chicken soup.
5) At this moment, I'm making homemade yogurt with whole milk from locally raised, grass-fed cows so I can enjoy it as my lunch every day next week.
6) exercising a little and limiting my muffink consumption is working, I've already lost a pound or two.
7) I discovered some nice brown wool to spin in my stash that I'd forgotten I had.
8) I got a very sweet note from someone who "loves all my patterns" and wants to buy one but was having some logistic difficulties. Those kinds of notes always improve things, they are like knitting love notes. (love knitting notes?)
Right, I tried positive thinking. It's still not working for me today. Some days are like this. Guess I'll put some wine in the fridge so I'll have plenty to drink at Friday night dinner with the chicken soup. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger knitalot3 said...

Cyber-hugs for you!! Tomorrow has got to be better!

Hug a dog and pet some soft yarn, it usually helps me feel better.

January 25, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Maybe you can blame the rain cloud on an incoming weather front. Hope your weekend is terrific and that stewing chicken sounds terrific!

January 25, 2008 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger foodperson said...

I feel for you. It's that time of year. But congratulations on your accomplishments. May Saturday cheer you.

January 25, 2008 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

There ARE days that are just better over..... no reason but these are days that would be MUCH worse without the company of dog or dogs! Hope Saturday will prove to be a better day! The wine sounded a good plot!

January 26, 2008 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

It's sunny here and gorgeous - perked my spirits up. I hope the same goes for you today. I look forward to your SO submission. :-)

January 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Taueret said...

I had weird, scary dreams last night too... could be the screeching, oinking mating fruit bats who think our roof is a lovenest!

January 27, 2008 at 3:14 AM  
Blogger Susan J Tweit said...

For me those bad days sometimes mean something is nibbling at me from beyond the boundary in my mind where words reach. I've learned to just lay low, take good care of myself and see what's trying to reach me. I hope the wine and chicken soup were just what you needed, and that whatever is scratching at you reveals itself as something interesting.

Take care of yourself!
Susan

January 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home