Thursday, April 24, 2008

News you can use

People have asked me, when's the book coming out? How will I know when I can buy it? What's that book about, again?

Fiber Gathering will be in stores by February, 2009. I believe you'll be able to pre-order on Amazon sometime in July or August. If you're like me, and all this stuff seems hard to keep track of, here's a new tool that will help both of us! Sign up for my email newsletter and get more information on the book! There's even another newsletter, in case I happen to be teaching or travelling to your vicinity and you want to know about it. Here's how:
Click Here!

Here is some other useful information...My smart web designer Ben gave me a link to add to my blog. You'll now see a "Subscribe to this blog!" link on the sidebar. This is just in case you can't see the RSS feed symbols in your browser. I hope that ends all the concern about this--I hear it really does work!

Today I read a thoughtful essay by a man who helped his wife write a knitting book. It sounded meaningful to me since the professor took all the photos for Fiber Gathering. It's worth a read! Here's the link to Martin John Brown's thoughts on what it was like to research Knitalong. I've got no affiliation with this--haven't even seen the book itself--but the essay's great!

More soon about the sheep shearing I went to yesterday and all the fleeces that followed me home!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful essay! Saying that knitting helps foster empathy. Perfect.

April 24, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love when fleeces follow me home. bahhhh!

April 25, 2008 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing all those little fleeces. Great idea about the newsletter subscription.

April 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

jJust leaving a comment to say that I'm so glad I found your site through a post on Ravelry. Have already added the blog to my RSS feed :)
Jen

April 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home